Welcome to Modulus Metal, your reliable source for Polyoxymethylene (Delrin / Acetal) CNC machining services in Turkey. With our state-of-the-art equipment and skilled technicians, we offer precision CNC machining services for a wide range of Delrin products.
Polyoxymethylene, commonly known as Delrin or Acetal, is a thermoplastic polymer with excellent mechanical properties, high stiffness, and low friction. These properties make it an ideal material for producing precision components with tight tolerances.
At Modulus Metal, we specialize in CNC machining Delrin parts for various industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and industrial applications. Our CNC machining services can produce parts with intricate geometries and complex shapes, ensuring a perfect fit and function.
We use advanced CNC machines to produce high-quality parts that meet the exact specifications of our clients. Our machines are capable of machining Delrin in a wide range of shapes, including cylindrical, conical, and complex shapes with undercuts and contours.
Our CNC machining services for Delrin products include:
Delrin gears and bearings: We manufacture high-precision Delrin gears and bearings for various industrial and automotive applications. Our CNC machines can produce gears with complex profiles, tight tolerances, and smooth surfaces.
Delrin bushings: We produce Delrin bushings with tight tolerances and smooth surfaces for various applications, including automotive suspension systems, electrical connectors, and medical devices.
Delrin washers and spacers: We produce custom Delrin washers and spacers with precise dimensions and excellent surface finish for use in various industrial applications.
Delrin screws and nuts: We produce high-precision Delrin screws and nuts with excellent dimensional stability and low friction for use in various applications, including medical devices, electronics, and automotive.
Delrin insulators and connectors: We produce Delrin insulators and connectors with excellent dielectric properties for use in electrical and electronic applications.
At Modulus Metal, we offer CNC machining services for various types of POM, including Delrin and Acetal, in different colors.
Types of POM (Delrin / Acetal):
- Homo-polymer POM: This type of POM has a higher melting temperature, excellent stiffness, and better mechanical properties than other types of POM. It is suitable for applications that require high strength, rigidity, and dimensional stability.
- Co-polymer POM: This type of POM has better thermal stability and toughness than homo-polymer POM. It is suitable for applications that require impact resistance, low friction, and good chemical resistance.
POM is available in a variety of colors, including natural (white), black, blue, green, red, and yellow. The color of the POM does not affect its mechanical properties, but it can provide aesthetic appeal or help with product identification.
Physical and mechanical properties:
POM (Delrin / Acetal) has excellent mechanical properties, including high stiffness, good impact resistance, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability. Some of its key physical and mechanical properties are:
- Melting temperature: The melting temperature of POM ranges from 165°C to 185°C, depending on the type of POM.
- Hardness: POM has a hardness of around 85 to 90 on the Rockwell scale, making it one of the hardest engineering plastics.
- Tensile strength: The tensile strength of POM ranges from 60 to 100 MPa, depending on the type of POM.
- Flexural modulus: POM has a flexural modulus of around 2,800 to 3,800 MPa, making it stiffer than many other engineering plastics.
- Coefficient of friction: POM has a low coefficient of friction, making it suitable for applications that require low friction and wear resistance.
- Water absorption: POM has a low water absorption rate, making it suitable for applications that require good dimensional stability and resistance to moisture.
Delrin (POM / Acetal) can be machined using a variety of techniques, including turning, milling, drilling, and threading. Each of these techniques offers unique benefits and is suitable for different types of applications. At Modulus Metal, we use advanced CNC machines to offer precision machining services for Delrin in various shapes and sizes.
Here are the common types of machining used for Delrin:
- Turning: Turning is a process in which a cutting tool removes material from the surface of a rotating Delrin workpiece to produce a cylindrical shape. Turning is ideal for producing parts with round shapes, such as shafts, rods, and bushings. Delrin’s excellent machinability makes it easy to achieve tight tolerances and smooth finishes using the turning process.
- Milling: Milling is a process in which a rotating cutting tool removes material from a Delrin workpiece to produce a flat or contoured surface. Milling is ideal for producing complex shapes, such as gears, brackets, and housings. Delrin’s high stiffness and excellent dimensional stability make it easy to achieve high accuracy and excellent surface finishes using the milling process.
- Drilling: Drilling is a process in which a rotating cutting tool removes material from a Delrin workpiece to produce a round hole. Drilling is ideal for producing holes with accurate diameters and depths. Delrin’s low coefficient of friction and excellent machinability make it easy to achieve clean and accurate holes using the drilling process.
- Threading: Threading is a process in which a cutting tool removes material from a Delrin workpiece to produce a screw thread. Threading is ideal for producing parts that require screw connections, such as bolts, nuts, and threaded rods. Delrin’s excellent dimensional stability and low coefficient of friction make it easy to achieve accurate thread dimensions and smooth surfaces using the threading process.
At Modulus Metal, we have the expertise and equipment to perform all of these machining processes with Delrin (POM / Acetal) to produce high-quality parts that meet your exact specifications. Contact us today to discuss your Delrin CNC machining needs, and we’ll be happy to provide you with a custom quote.